Wednesday, August 21, 2013

What happens in Estonia...

If this post sounds familiar, it is because I am writing it again.  In trying to read the blog to my mother, I accidentally deleted it.

Since finding out that I will be studying abroad, I've had to stop and ask myself "Just how am I going to behave?" I have learned that it is easy to do right when there is someone constantly looking my shoulder.  On the other hand, are those same morals and beliefs going to stand when I have no source of accountability. I have seen so many young adults ruin their lives because they wanted to try everything their parents told them not to.  Am I going to stay true to who I am, or be everything I've always wanted to be? After all, no one will know me.

I am no one if I am not myself. How can I encourage others to be who they are and follow their dreams if I can't stay true to who I am?  I would rather someone hate me for who I am than to love me for who I am not.  I refuse to go to a foreign country and go buck wild.  This is an educational opportunity and I do not plan on taking it lightly.  I have too many people rooting for me and holding me up to let them down.

I know that this entry was a little short but hopefully it will be longer in the coming weeks:)

No comments:

Post a Comment