Wednesday, August 28, 2013

If Life is a Highway

Sorry it has been so long since my last post, I was waiting to receive Internet in my room. I have so much I want to talk about that I am having to slow myself down and give my brain some rest. For now, I will discuss my travel in making it to Estonia.

Saturday night (the 24th) I was trying to get everything together so that when we left the next morning, we could just go out the door. Of course nothing ever happens the way you want it to.  I was trying to put all of my essentials in my carry on bag when I realized that I couldn't find the adapter that I bought the day before.  When I say I searched all over the place for that thing... I'm serious. Two hours passed and I still couldn't find that stupid adapter. Then it hit me like an epiphany.  It wouldn't have mattered if I found it or not because it was the wrong adapter.  The one that I purchased only accommodated electronics and such with two prongs.  That would have been great if it wasn't for the fact that the charger for my laptop had three prongs.  By that time I was just irritated and ready to go to bed. 

We all woke up around five thirty just so I could finish packing and everyone else could get dressed. Ray and Taylor made it to my house around 6:45 and while ray stayed to play with the baby, Taylor and I took the girls over to my cousin's house.  After saying goodbye to them, I stopped at Ms. Hood's apartment to say a quick goodbye (she fell asleep on me the night before).  From there we returned to the house, gathered the rest of the crew and headed to Memphis.
 

Fast forward to the Memphis Airport:
  That had to be one of the hardest moments of my life. I had to say goodbye to my best friends, my mother and Anthony. For as long as me and ray have been friends the only time I ever seen her cry was when she was laughing. As we went to hug she broke down and in all honestly, at the moment I questioned everything I was about to do.  Taylor being the man he is, held his composure and my mom was trying her best to keep a straight face.  I'm sure you could imagine the atmosphere.


I'll do you a favor and totally skip the fact that for a drink and chicken wrap at the airport, it cost me thirteen bucks.  I won't mention that I thought I forgot my phone charger at the house and when I found it, I accidentally broke  it. I'm sure  no one wants to read about the fact that I had to run around the airport in Copenhagen to find where to print off my ticket. All that stuff is irreverent anyway.



In Chicago I met three students, and when we made it to Tallinn, we met two others.  So in all, I had to take three airplanes, two taxi, and a bus to get to my final destination.



It was pretty crazy BUT I MADE IT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment