Monday, October 28, 2013

Adventures Pt:1

So in the last post I said that I would get out more.  Here goes:

So the day that I work the last post, majority of my flatmates were gone.  Two was in Russia, one was in Finland and another one was in Germany.  So my Czech flatmate and I had the whole dorm room to ourselves.  Now I must admit, I enjoyed not having to share the bathroom and the toilet.  Let's not mention that the kitchen was clean for more than 20 minutes. I missed them, but I enjoyed myself as well.  Friday night my flatmate suggested that we go out. I didn't have anything to do so I decided that I should get out for a little bit.  We went to a pub and had dinner.  It was great just sitting down talking.  It was a little loud in the pub because there was a football game going on.  And when I say football I mean soccer.
The next day we decided to go to a near town called Otepaa. She asked me would it be okay if another girl came along and I agreed because small groups are usually good. I was a little skeptical because I never met this newcomer and I usually dislike a person until they give me  reason to like them.  But as soon I met her, I deemed her cool.  I think we had a really good day, but instead of explaining everything I'll post some pictures.
 Let me warn that this trip was for the nature, so if nature is not your thing, this is going to be boring!
When we first got there, it was foggy and we were afraid it would be like that the whole day.
 This lake is considered to be one of the most beautiful lakes in Estonia.  Legend has it that the lake is made up of the tears of a woman who lost all five of her sons in war. 


 

 



 

 After we finished our trail, we really wanted some coffee so we found our way to a spa.  The receptionist told us that there was a café at the end of the building so we went looking for it.  The café was called the "Tower café." As you can guess, we walked up stairs upon stairs to order our drinks, and then some more stairs to sit down. I was out of breath, not only because of the stairs but because the view was breathtaking.


 
 We then walked to this viewing platform.  It was a long way there and I really didn't want to go but I pressed on.  When we made it to the platform, they had stairs and the elevator cost more.  But I rummaged through my purse to get the extra money.  The view  from up here was amazing and  I could see for miles.
 
This post was longer than I originally thought it would be. So I will have to make another post for the trip I took yesterday.  ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment