Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Dorm Life

Let it be known that this whole dorm experience is totally new to me.  I have always lived at home with my mom so sharing a living space with 5 girls that I just met is a foreign concept.  Anyway let me start with explaining the layout,  Within one unit, each girl shares the bathroom, toilet, and kitchen.  The kitchen consist of two mini fridges, a stovetop with two burners, cabinets and a sink.  Not much to it.  We are able to cook the basics but there is no oven so baking is out of the window.  I realize there is more than some dorms have so I am grateful.

As soon as you walk in the door to the unit, there are three doors. behind those doors are a bedroom in which two girls occupy.  In the first room, there is an Italian girl and a German girl.  In the second room there is a girl from Germany and Czech Republic. Lastly, there is a French girl and myself. 

I can't help but think that I got extremely lucky with my roommates.  We all get along and we socialize outside of the dorms as well. In Estonia, the drinking age is 18 which means that I am legal to both drink and buy alcohol. That would be great if I actually wanted to do that.  However that is just not the way I have fun so sometimes I come off as the "party pooper."  I am okay with that.

 I am glad that this living arrangement is only going to be for a few months because I don't think that I would be able to do it for a whole year.

How about some pictures!
                                 Okay so that is my closet, sorry about the picture being sideways
  Another picture of my closet but with the doors open.  Unfortunately, it is not this clean anymore;)
                                  The view from my window.  It's not the best but I can live with it!
 I tried to get as much of the room as I could get in this shot.  The purple comforter is mine and on the other side of the closet you can see the second bed.  There is two of everything.  Two beds, two, closets, two desks and two shelves.
I didn't think to turn on the light so the kitchen looks pretty dark.  It is a pretty nice size until there is about ten people crowded in there...and that happens often.
Lastly, there is a picture of our wall.  The paper farthest to the left is list of things bought by each person.  The object of this list was to keep account so at the end of the month, we could pay each other back.  It has already been a week or so and it has failed miserably.  We resulted in putting money in a cup and using that to pay for communal things.  The paper on the top right is a list of our chores.  This keeps one person from always cleaning up and  it divides responsibility among the six of us.  The final paper is a list of every person staying in the dorm.  It has our first and last names, and where we are from.  Believe it or not, our list has went from 6 to nine and it is continually climbing.  We can't help that we are amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment