Wednesday, November 13, 2013

We aren't caught up in your love affair

So this is the last part of my trip.  I will be kind to you and just give you pictures with just a small description.  Enjoy

Day 1


We first had to go to the discovery island center to collect my Dublin pass.  The pass allowed us to go in 30 attractions free and over great discounts.  I had a really big scare because four days before I was supposed to leave for Dublin, my mother told me my passes had made it to the house.  I couldn't use passes that were sitting in the Unites States. Luckily, the mistake was on their part and I was able to pick up a Dublin Pass at the center. This was a dry erase wall that people could write on, we left our mark!
 
Okay I am going to be honest and say that Anna takes amazing photos.  For that reason, I am going to use some of her photos if mine to not suffice.  This is one of them. Before we made our way to the Museum of  Archeology, we stopped into the city library.


This was the Museum of Archeology, and I must admit it was crazy cool.  As you may have guess, the corpse was my favorite.  We got four free postcards as well.




 
This was the Church of Christ Cathedral. I feel bad because I didn't learn much while I was there but it was extremely beautiful and my pictures do not do this place justice.  I apologize






Our last stop of the night was the Guinness Storehouse.  I thought it was the coolest guide in Dublin. My favorite part was going to the tasting room.  We walked through a dark hallway and then was ushered into this white room to shock our senses.  We were then given instructions on how to properly taste beer.  It was the worse thing I ever tasted. So you can guess that I opted for a coke instead of the complimentary pint of beer.

Day 2





First thing on day 2 was the zoo. I am not going to post every animal because we have all been to a zoo before.  However, this was the Dublin Zoo! I was really impressed with their area for the zebras, antelopes and giraffes.  For once I didn't feel like they were caged,  they had a taste of freedom.


This was the castle that we went to. I was very disappointed because we went on Halloween and the castle was actually booked and we couldn't look inside.  We were able to look around the  botanical garden but I wasn't in the mood to look at it.
Day 3
 





Was the Kilmainham Gaol, the oldest unoccupied jail in Europe. I have to say that I enjoyed this place the most.  This jail is important to the inhabitants of Ireland because it hold so much history.  If I could tell you just a small fraction of it, you would love it too.

Lastly, this was the Trinity College Library.  This is said to be the largest library in Ireland.  Due to the fact that we were not to take pictures in majority of the Library, I only have these two pictures.  I had to use the bathroom so bad that I really couldn't appreciate this place.  We were also not allowed to touch the books so I was ready to go within ten minutes.  Anna loved this place though and I am glad that she enjoyed the library as much as I enjoyed the jail. Well that's it and I really appreciate you suffering though this and taking this journey with me.  He are a few more pictures. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment