Friday, November 22, 2013

Our Angel







This is a difficult post for me to write, because right now I am hurting.  It never occurs to me that the last time I speak to a person, may just be the last time.  I take for granted that things will stay the same, and everyone will be waiting for me when I get back.  This week, life hit me with a big slap in the face.
On Sunday, I received a message from a friend that another friend/former coworker was taken to the hospital.  My heart dropped because I had no idea what was going on. I tried to write everyone I could think of, telling them to keep me informed. Later, I was told that she passed. It felt like someone knocked the wind out of me.  I can only imagine how her fiancé must be feeling, her family, her best friends. 
I would be a lie if I said we were best friends, that I knew her better than anyone.  What I do know is that I considered her a friend, and she was one of the sweetest individuals I have ever come in contact with. I can tell you that she was one of first to befriend me when I started working at our job.  I can say that she could smack gum louder than anyone I ever met.   I can tell you that she was funny, and she didn't mind speaking her mind and stand for what she believed in.  I can say that she love her family more than anything, and she made sure she had time devoted to her daughter. All of these things made her the person that she was.
I know without a shadow of a doubt that she blessed so many lives.  Just to see the outcry this past week was incredible.  My biggest regret is not being able to be there right now, and celebrate her life with everyone.  But I believe that anyone who had made any type of relationship with her can say that it was God's gift to breathe the air she breathe.
Out of respect for her and her family, I chose not to name her or post a picture.  If, I had their permission of course, then I wouldn't have mind.  Today we said "see you later," to a very special angel. You will never be forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment