Sunday, September 15, 2013

first two weeks of school

I decided to write about the first two week of school because for one, I only attended one class the first week.  Before you start running wild with your imagination and think that I am slacking off, let me explain myself. 
I was not allowed to register for classes until I was actually in Estonia. By that time, all of the good classes and times we taken. Sloppy seconds. 

Well, thinking that I would be cool, I decided to take an Estonian language course and a Russian language course.  BIG MISTAKE! In just the first class I could already tell that Russian was not for me and I would be stressed out my entire semester.  Since when has "p" been pronounced as "r"?! Now I am down to just the Estonian course but I least I will only have to worry about one language instead of two.
 I have two classes with one of my flatmate Carolin. It would have been three but I had to drop Russian.  I also have one class with my "American" friend and the rest I have by myself.  Not too bad

I ended up being two hours late and missing my Human Organization class the first week only to be on time the second week, finding out the class was taught in Estonian. It was obvious that I was registered for the wrong class two seconds into the lesson. However, where I was seated, I couldn't just walk out.  It was a four hour course and I was forced to stay there for two hours.  I was so glad that the teacher loved to talk and she spent most of the time doing so. 

I hate to say it but it seemed like the only productive thing that I got done was my laundry, and I struggled with that!
We have washers and dryers available on the ground floor of the lobby.  Each of these coins cost two euros and they are the only coins that the machines take. I figured out that it takes 8 euros for me to wash my clothes. it adds up

it took me the longest time to learn how to use this.  I first walked in to the laundry room like I owned the place, confident.  Then I could open the door to the washer.  I tried everything.  I had to take my laundry all the way to the fourth floor to ask my flatmates for help. They told me I had to press the orange button.  I tried that like twenty times but it was worth trying again.  Again, I walked to the first floor, this time a little embarrassed, and tried to use the washer again.  No luck.  Then with a series of random button pressing, I realized that I had to turn the machine on, and then press the orange button.

The Dyers were simple.  I was a pro by this time

This was the cheapest detergent that I could find.  Estonia carries "Tide," but I could see myself spending extra money for something that is popular. Bonux is the way to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment